Friday 5 June 2009

Pop Beauty Eye Class Palettes

I've been eyeing the Pop Beauty Eye Class palettes which are being discontinued and are now available at super cheap prices on Beautycrunch.com. Beautycrunch is selling them for US$12.80, down from the original price of US$32 but they don't ship internationally.

Earlier this week, I read on my buddy Mag's blog, Makeupstash.com that the Eye Cakes are on sale at the Sephora store in Ngee Ann City at S$18, down from S$29. So I decided to stop by Sephora today and to my delight, I found the Eye Class palettes have all been reduced by 50%! Currently, you can also get 15% off regular price items from Pop Beauty and Hourglass lines with purchase of 2 items.



I picked up the Day to Play and Blue Eyes palettes for S$32.50, down from S$65, and the Green Eyes palette. The Smokey Rose and Smokey Eyes palettes are also still available but Brown Eyes is already sold out.


For some strange reason, the Blue Eyes palette is the same price as the Day to Play palette but at S$32.50, I thought it was still a steal as you get 12 generously sized shades for less than half the price of a Lunasol quad (S$77). (Speaking of Lunasol, I also checked out two new Layer Bloom Eyes palettes from the summer collection and they were disappointing. In particular, I disliked the gritty glittery shade in the top right side of each palette. The other shades had a much smoother texture but were not that unique or memorable.)


I really wanted this pale rosey beige shade in the Blue Eyes palette which had an out-of-this-world silky texture (top shade in the next pic).




There are actually 2 versions of the Blue Eyes palette, the purplish blue version I bought which comes with a double-ended brush and a smooth light blue version that's like the Green Eyes palette but without the brush. But the eyeshadows inside are exactly the same (the SA was nice enough to open them up to check).


The Green Eyes palette is super cheap at only S$24.50, down from S$45. That's even cheaper than what a Majolica Majorca quad costs at Watsons (S$25.90)!




Day to Play has a whopping 24 shades. I don't know how I will ever use this up but I'm going to have great fun doing it :-)




There are still plenty of these palettes left at Sephora. Run, don't walk, to get these 'cos they're such excellent bargains, I seriously doubt they will last for long on the shelves! I'm still thinking about whether to go back for the Smokey Eyes palette just to complete my collection. The three palettes I got today cost a grand total of S$89.50, about the same as a Dior quint!

My personal makeup guru, the Muse, also loves these. Do check out her reviews of the Day to Play and Smokey Rose palettes! You can also read my earlier review of Smokey Rose.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey Iris,

If you ever see anything you want on Beautycrunch, let me know and I'll pick it up for you.

I love the look of these palettes!

Haru said...

Dear Taryn,

Thank you for the kind offer! I'm trying to be "good" and not buy as much as before so I shop local most days now :-)

abitcraxy said...

i got those on beauty crunch.. they r really nice..LOL..

JacQlin said...

Hey the smokey eye palette is pretty nice :) I've got that.

Taryn said...

Ah, I know the feeling! But my offer stands any time. I'm still trying to find ways to pay you back for all of the favors you've done for me!

izumi said...

veeeery pretty! looks like you have lots of new colors to play around with now :D

Anonymous said...

Too faced is also having a buy 2 items get 15% off. I am actually waiting for the stock to come back for eyeshawdow insurance. The SA told me Sephora will be doing a stock take soon, so not sure when the product will be stock up again.