Saturday 26 January 2013

Essence Fantasia

Spotted the Essence Fantasia collection at my supermarket today. This was supposed to be released in December, but my supermarket usually gets the trend editions later.

Towards the end of the year, things are going to get magical with the new trend edition “fantasia” as essence whisks you away to a fantasy world in December 2012. Who hasn’t longed to be in a place far away from reality where everything is perfect and dreams can come true? “Fantasia” embodies this magical feeling with intense purple and wine-red, coral as well as subtle nude shades and creates a totally trendy elf-like look. The metallic effects offer this style a touch of glamour that is just perfect for Christmas time.

The face highlighter 01 Elf Yourself looked quite bland and washed out so I skipped it. The collection also includes two Lip Lacquers 01 Queen of My Cloud Castle and 02 Take A Ride on Pegasus, plus two metallic liners.

The eyeshadows in 01 Elves Like lilac, 02 Not Ivory but Ebony and 03 Have You Seen My Unicorn have a soft shimmery finish. They didn't feel dry but were not that pigmented when swatched.

Nailpolishes in 01 Elves Like Lilac, 02 Queen of My Cloud Castle, 03 Take A Ride On Pegasus and 04 Have You Seen My Unicorn.

Overall, Fantasia was not a very memorable collection. Like Urban Decay, Essence will be doing a tie-in with the upcoming Oz movie. The Oz collection is due out in February. See the details here.

3 comments:

smugnificent said...

My Coop brought that before Christmas but I wasn't really excited either

kas said...

I really like the new essence polishes; formula and brush works really well. But u're right, Fantasia not quite fantastical - some duochromy glittery ones would have been awesome

Haru said...

hey Kas,
yup, Essence kind of missed with this one. The shades for Oz also look quite bland. Oh well, pennies saved, I guess!