Wednesday 2 January 2013

Favourite Beauty Products of 2012

With the avalanche of tempting new products each season, it's easy to get caught up in the latest limited edition offerings. While I try to rotate the brands in my stash, the carousel keeps getting ever larger and I do feel guilty that some excellent products get neglected while I keep testing out new products for reviews here. Here's a list of 12 products that I found myself reaching for regularly in 2012, often snapping up multiple shades. These are all items that I will happily re-purchase.

1. Favourite Lip Balm: Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatments are an instant balm for my lips. This holiday gift set of minis was the perfect addition to my collection.

2. Favourite Lip Gloss: YSL Glossy Stains offer truly long-lasting shine without drying out the lips. The shade range is also impressive, with another 4 new shades set to debut in the spring collection.

3. Favourite Lip Stick: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Kate Moss offer excellent color payoff, a diverse range of highly wearable shades and are super easy on the wallet.


4.-6. Favourite Eyeliner: Integrate Kira Wink Gel Liner, Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pens and Three Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencils are my daily staples. These are so reliably easy to use and gentle on the eyelids that I don't even reach for my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners anymore.

7. Favourite Cream Blush: Becca Beach Tints are superbly easy to use, long-lasting and wake up the complexion instantly.

8. Favourite Powder Blush: Paul & Joe Color Powder CS #79 Les Tourtereaux, #80 True Love and #81 Inseparables from the Lovebirds collection for autumn 2012 have just the right amount of color payoff and are pretty much fool-proof.

9. Favourite Foundation #1: Coffret D'Or Silky Fit Liquid Foundation is easy to blend, provides good coverage and a lovely natural finish.

10. Favourite Foundation #2 Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation gives a more glowy finish than the Coffret D'Or foundation.

11. Favourite Eyeshadow Palette: Three 4D Eye Palette 04 Art of Parties may be less versatile compared to Urban Decay's Vice and 15th Anniversary palettes but the magical purple and creamy black shades form a stellar combination.


12. Favourite Fragrance: Jo Loves Pomelo and A Shot of Thai Lime Over Mango are delightfully zesty confections that never fail to lift up my mood. After using up these, I'll definitely invest in the 100ml bottles. Jo Loves now ships internationally.


What were your favourite products of the past year? Do share in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I can't wait to lay my hands on a Three palette! The colors are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris

These are my favourite products for 2012 :

1) Laneige Snow BB Cushion in no. 13 - When I am rushing, I use this alone. If not, I will use this as a base (apply thinly) then use a foundation (Water Supreme Foundation also by Laneige, think you reviewed it recently)on top. My color was 21 Pink Beige. More coverage and yet not heavy.

2) Nars Larger than Life Longwear Eyeliner - This is the first eye pencil that did not smudge on me! I have finally found the ONE! I did not like some of the gel liner or cream liner as they will be "fade" after I use an eyelash curler, hope you get what I mean.

3) Lunasol Eye Palette-I still love their texture although they have more neutral shades. But more sutle for use at work.

4) GA - Eyes to kill intense eyeshadow in no. 20 Obsidian Black and no. 21 Obsidian Grey and - When I want more intense color, I reach for these. But they did not stay on me and I still need to use a makeup base.

5) Tom Ford Translucent Finishing Powder - Just got this recently at the Tangs Beauty Hall. This is such a smooth powder! I love how it felt on my skin. You should try this! :)

6) Cle de Peau eyebrow pencil - Got this during the Shiseido sale for $30. It's my HG now. The color is just right for me and blend nicely. I tried the K-Palette one after reading your review but I think i cannot control very well, my brows don't look natural, haha.

I think I have a 101 things more! But think that's about it for now.

Cheers,
Mei

makeupmag said...

I loved reading about your favourites. Some excellent choices there, dear! I'd like to do one too but just the thought of putting the post together makes me tired. :) Maybe I'll get round to it, hopefully before Jan ends, haha! Thanks for sharing this enjoyable post. Hope you are having a great week.