Tuesday 1 January 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Hope you had a lovely New Year's Eve! Mine was spent over a yummy family feast prepared by my mom, watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with my husband at home (great film but way too depressing a choice in reflection!) and then getting all excited at midnight watching the fireworks go off in the horizon over five towns from our attic.

It's been a pretty good year with plenty of treasured memories. I got to travel quite a bit, including re-visiting Japan with my husband, which is always a delight. This winter has been pretty hectic, with relatives visiting and then spending Christmas with my family in the UK. Travelling is fun but it always tires me out so it's good to be home again.

These pics are from early December when we got some hefty snowfall. All of it is gone now and we're enjoying some great sunshine and brilliantly blue skies in its place. It's a welcome change from the grey rain of London.

To everyone who stops by regularly, I would like to say a heartfelt thank you. Some of you have been reading this little blog of mine for several years now, and that still amazes me whenever I think about it. I know some readers who have gotten married and had kids during this time but still make time to read my ramblings despite their busy lives (*waves to AhCapp and Mei*). For that, I am truly deeply appreciative.


Below is my favourite photo of the year of my cousins and mum having fun in the snow by the lakeside in Annecy. The simple pleasures in life are always the most fulfilling. Great historical buildings and swanky malls don't impress my cousins at all but give them a good spot of snow and they can spend endless hours frolicking in it. May 2013 bring you and your loved ones more joy and laughter wherever you are!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

I enjoy reading your blog and have been doing it for the past few years! I appreciate your honest reviews of products and yes, sometimes I do a 'check' here before I proceed on my cosmetic/skincare purchase.

Thanks for taking time to do this and I hope you'll continue doing so for many years to come. Here's wishing you and family a wonderful and blessed 2013 ahead.

Regards,
Keira

Maya said...

Happy New Year, Iris!

Your blog is a daily read for me. :) I learned a lot about Japanese makeup from you, and have been obsessed since! :)

Haru said...

hi Keira,
Thanks for reading and glad to hear that you find the reviews useful! I'm not very systematic in terms of the products/brands that I review, just whatever catches my fancy. Have a great year ahead!

min said...

Hi Haru,
Just drop by to say Happy New Year.
Wish you good health, good luck and happiness in 2013.

Rgds,
Min

Anonymous said...

Hi haru,
Happy new year from Indonesia :). I followed your blog couple years now. I check your blog every single day I luv make up too and more into collecting. .it's so addicted seeing those pretty colors...Lastly Lovee ur blog so much

Anonymous said...

Hi iris

Thanks for mentioning me!! *waves* it keeps me same to buy makeup!! And your blog is still one of the nicest around!!!!! You have a great year ahead! :)

Cheers
Mei

ilovemeepok said...

happy wonderful new year to you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris,

Happy New Year! Wishing you a great 2013 ahead!

Anonymous said...

happy New Year, may you have a fabilous 2013

Catherine said...

Happy New Year, Haru! <3

Anonymous said...

hai haru,

saya sudah baca blog anda beberapa tahun dan sudah jadi kegiatan rutin harian saya untuk mengecek blog anda.

kondisi kulit kita yang mirip membuat rougedeluxe menjadi acuan saya ketika ingin mencoba make up atau skin care baru.
saya sangat menyukai review anda yang menurut saya jujur dan apa adanya.

terimakasih haru

salam
sita

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris... I always read your blog time to time. So where are you based? Always thought you're in Singapore!

Haru said...

hi there,
I was based in Singapore but moved to Switzerland a year ago. I'm just here for a few years.

hi Sita,
glad to hear that you find the blog helpful. Happy new year!

hi Catherine,
Thanks, hope you have a wonderful year ahead too!

hi szadik,
thanks, hope 2013 brings you more happiness too!

hi elaine,
thanks, all the best to you for 2013 too!

hi ilovemeepok,
you have such a funny username! happy new year to you too!

hi Mei,
thank you, hope you and your family have a great year ahead!

hi Min,
thank you for reading and happy new year to you!

hi,
thanks so much for following my blog all the way from Indonesia!

Anonymous said...

Happy blessed new year 2013 too!
May it brings peace, prosperity, happiness and health (so you can keep reviewing products and taking beautiful pictures of your journey)for you and your family in coming year

sita

makeupmag said...

I remember reading your blog in the past and right-clicking tab after tab of your wonderfully-written entries. So glad that blogging and our shared love of beauty have drawn us closer as friends. *HUGS* and a very happy new year to you, old friend. :)

Haru said...

Hi Mag,
I'm lucky to have you as my friend *hugs*

hi sita,
thank you for the well wishes, I hope 2013 also brings you and your family good health and happiness!